Antioxidants: protection against free radicals
Antioxidants are micronutrients that react with so-called “free radicals” before those can destroy or modify important structures in the body. Free radicals can form under the influence of UV radiation, ozone pollution, nicotine, drugs or environmental pollutants. A certain exposure to free radicals is normal. If they become rampant however, so-called “oxidative stress” is the result. In order to prevent that, an optimal antioxidant status is necessary. For people subjected to an increased free radical exposure, a dietary support of the endogenous protection system is advisable. This includes stressed- out people as well as people who frequently fly, sunbathe, smoke, drink alcohol or are exposed to environmental pollution.
The group of antioxidants includes certain micronutrients such as selenium, vitamins C and E, as well as plant substances such as carotenoids, phenols from green tea extract, OPC from grape seeds and anthocyanins from elderberry extract. Since antioxidants complement each other’s effects and are recycled upon depletion, a combination of different, antioxidant vital substances makes more sense than the high-dosage intake of a single preparation.
Antioxidant Formula – what is it?
Antioxidant Formula by Biogena provides a broad spectrum of antioxidants to support the body’s natural defence mechanism against free radicals. The unique formula consists of vitamin E and selenium derived from plant sources, as well as Vitamin C and carotenoids. These micronutrients are combined with antioxidant plant extracts that have proven effects as antioxidants.*
• Supplies a broad spectrum of antioxidants to support the body’s natural defence mechanism against free radicals*
• Vitamin C and vitamin E protect the cells, tissues and organs from oxidative stress*
• Selenium is a cofactor for an antioxidant enzyme and helps to protect against free radicals*
• With selected plant extracts as a perfect natural source of antioxidants
• For maintenance of the antioxidant network in case of increased radical burden caused by stress, smoking or frequent consumption of alcohol*
2 capsules once per day taken at meal times with plenty of liquid.
If you are pregnant or nursing, or taking prescription medications, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.